31.3.11

Ruby Slippers...


Throughout cinematic history, there are few pairs of shoes that are as iconic as Dorothy's ruby slippers, in 'The Wizard of Oz' (save for maybe Carrie Bradshaw's fabulous Manolo closet, which was a really more of a collection, but I digress....) What many people don't know, however, that is that in the original novel, Dorothy's shoes were made of silver, and it was only in the movie adaptation that the shoes were changed to ruby to take advantage of the new "Technicolor" film process. I must admit that I am happy about this change as I much prefer rubies to silver and I love red shoes to give a pop of colour to a neutral outfit. 

I have a pair of red flats that I fondly refer to as my "Dorothy Shoes" and I often wear them with skinny jeans or black leggings. I love the contrast between the denim/black and the red shoes. Some other fun red shoes I'm currently loving are:

Red Hunter boots: Adds a touch of class to rainy days and perfect for splashing around on the west coast! (Also great for teaching, as I can wear them if I have to supervise children outside at recess... the lengths I'll go to, to justify a new shoe purchase!)



Nine West Audrey Shoe: So pretty and I love that they are named Audrey!

What do you think of the red shoe trend? What are your favourite shoes for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment