30.3.11

High Tea...

As I sit here contemplating the topic of my second blog post, I am drinking my third cup of tea of the day. This is not unusual behaviour; I easily drink 4-6 cups of tea a day (a habit instilled in me by my mother). Thus, it is only fitting that I should write a post about my love of tea (I briefly considered calling it an addiction, but that would imply that I am somewhat ashamed of my habit, which I am NOT). In my opinion, there is nothing better than curling up with a mug of hot tea, a cozy blanket and a good book to read (or now, blog to write).

My favourite/mainstay tea is black/English Breakfast tea (with 2% milk and no sugar, in case you're wondering), but I like to mix it up and drink flavoured black teas, in addition to Earl Grey, green, white, chai and herbal teas. Living in Victoria has helped me drastically expand my ever-growing tea collection; there are tons of specialty tea stores that have contributed to my collection of over 20 types of tea in my designated tea cupboard (plus more randomly stashed in other cupboards and under the bed). I won't go into too much detail about the teas in my collection, but here are my favourite teas in case you are looking to branch out and buy some new teas of your own....

Black:  Silk Road: Jewel of India (English Breakfast), Tetley: Earl Grey Vanilla, Celestial Seasonings: Nutcracker Sweet (only available at Christmas, but it is soooo sooo good - I stocked up this Christmas and bought 5 boxes, so I still have some), Stash: Vanilla Nut Creme (Decaf).

Chai: Silk Road Chai, Tazo: Chai

Green: Fairmont: Jasmine Butterfly

White: Tazo: Berryblossom White

Herbal: Celestial Seasonings: Raspberry Zinger (like drinking a mug of fresh raspberries!)

Perfect timing, I finished this post, as I drained the last drop of tea from my cup.... better go make some more!




No comments:

Post a Comment